View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Hypnos

PostSubject: Harvest Market [Hypnos and Mayfall]   Tue 07 Jul 2009, 9:18 am

-

Last edited by Hypnos on Fri 07 Aug 2009, 7:04 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Hypnos

PostSubject: Re: Harvest Market [Hypnos and Mayfall]   Tue 07 Jul 2009, 9:23 am

The break room was empty. Connor always thought that was nice. Sure there were people he got along with well enough, but that didn't mean he really needed to see them all when he first came in. It was easier to sink into things like this slowly, otherwise he thought he might just turn tail and run before he hit the door.

He passed through the break room, headed towards the lockers. He supposed he'd been lucky, his being in the back corner of the room, with another row of lockers blocking it from sight of the door. Not that Connor had ever been particularly shy when it came to changing in and out of the uniform, but people rarely peeked behind that last row, and it was pretty useful if he wanted to avoid someone.

He shoved his bag in his locker, grabbing the hem of his t-shirt and lifting, the thing halfway over his head, blocking his vision when he heard footsteps heading towards the room he was in. Pulling the shirt off the rest of the way, he tossed it into the locker.

He recognized the voice immediately, that booming laugh, and the high pitched chittering giggle of the two lead managers. Wondering what the hell they were doing together, and not fighting for once, Connor shrugged out of his jeans as well. The black dress pants were hung carefully in his locker, Connor absolutely refusing to be seen in his uniform out of work, even if it did mean a nearly full change in the locker room. He did the same thing at school, why was this so different?

He tugged the pants on and belted them, tucking his sneakers away in the bottom of the locker, and pulling out the nicer shoes that were required.

Reaching for the white, collared shirt, his green apron on the hook behind it, Connor blinked when the footsteps grew louder, and Vanessa, the female manager peeked around the corner.

"Oh, Connor, must you always be undressing at times like this?" She pursed ridiculously red lips at him, one arm out of sight.

Connor stifled a sigh, closing dark blue eyes for a moment so she couldn't see him rolling them, and then shrugged.

"Well, this is the locker room. People are known to change. And what, exactly, is a time like this?"

Vanessa's arm made it's entrance then, fingers around the arm of a boy around Connor's age, tugging him around the extra row of lockers.

"Connor, this is Juliet. It's his first day, and he's going to shadow you. Take super good care of him, kay?" And without even waiting for an answer, Vanessa was gone, talking in that high-pitched chatter to Mark, the male manager who hadn't even bothered to say anything to Connor. Which was perfectly fine by him, by the way.

Connor ran a hand through messy, dark hair, and offered the new kid the hand not currently holding his work shirt, chest clad only in a white tank top, baring tanned, muscular arms.

"So, Juliet? I'm Connor, welcome to Harvest Market."

Last edited by Hypnos on Tue 07 Jul 2009, 12:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mayfall

PostSubject: Re: Harvest Market [Hypnos and Mayfall]   Tue 07 Jul 2009, 11:48 am

"Oh, Connor, must you always be undressing at times like this?"

Purple eyes blinked in confusion and alarm. What?! He wasn't naked, was he?! He was already nervous to be starting here – he didn't need to worry about seeing a naked man, too!

Already the day was nerve-wracking for him. This was his first real job, and the managers seemed slightly too distracted to really help him. They were chatting when he entered the store, and after standing around nervously for several minutes he had been forced to interrupt them. After finally understanding who he was, they discussed that he should shadow someone. After they both decided they didn't want to do it, the girl – Vanessa – had grabbed his wrist, and pulled him after them toward the back. They chatted the entire way, with Juliet just trailing helplessly after them, clueless and confused, his other arm clinging to the uniform he had brought with him.

His black hair bounced on his head as he walked, looking back and forth in the store. Wow, it looked larger than he thought it would! The shelves reached up almost to the high roof, and he could even see a deli and what looked like a bakery across the store. There was a produce aisle, and a cereal aisle, and an aisle dedicated to food from around the world... People could get lost in this store, it was so big! Well, maybe just little kids would get actually lost... He got lost in a grocery store, once. It was scary.

Juliet got pulled into the break room before he knew what was going on. He looked at the back of the women in front of him, frowning. What were they doing in here? She didn't need to drag him in here to change. He could – and would rather – change alone. But then Mark, the male manager, paused, and Vanessa continued, going to the very last row before apparently finding someone.

Juliet stood nervously, clinging to his uniform shirt. He already had the pants and shoes on, but he was worried about being late, so he had just grabbed his shirt and ran. Vanessa was talking to someone named 'Connor', and it sounded like he was a worker, and he was undressed.

He heard a young male's voice answer, and suddenly Vanessa thrust him into view.

He smiled briefly when she said his name, but gave a little start when he looked away from the boy's dark blue eyes and realized he was shirtless.

"…Take super good care of him, kay?" Vanessa left, and suddenly Juliet was all alone in front of a shirtless man he didn't know.

"Th-Thank you very much!" Juliet called after the retreating backs, before looking back at Connor.

They studied each other before Connor reached out a hand. He fidgeted, awkwardly reaching out a hand to meet his when he introduced himself. "Thanks, Connor. I'm Juliet – as, as Vanessa said." He shook the dark-haired boy's hand firmly before glancing to the side, trying to make it look like he was interested in the lockers. "But please call me Jay?" He rolled his eyes up, giving the ceiling a look that read 'and I bet you can tell why'. He wouldn't actually mind his name, as long as people didn't make fun of it. He had been a little upset when he found out that they had to put full names on the name tags, though. He was probably going to get all sorts of questions about it...

"So, uh, yeah. I'm excited to be here." He looked back at Connor, keeping his eyes on his face and not his shirtlessness. He had a rather attractive build, and Juliet wasn't going to lie – just the character in the romance novel he was named after, he tended to lean toward guys. Not that he was totally opposed to girls...

"And uh, thanks for letting me shadow you, apparently?" He offered a shy grin. "I promise I won't get in your way."

Last edited by Mayfall on Mon 10 Aug 2009, 2:02 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Hypnos

PostSubject: Re: Harvest Market [Hypnos and Mayfall]   Tue 07 Jul 2009, 12:13 pm

Connor took Juliet's outstretched hand, shaking it quickly before pulling away, and sliding his arms through the sleeves of the shirt.

"Jay?" Connor asked, eyebrows raised. "Juliet's a fine name."

He didn't understand why people got picky about their names. It wasn't something they themselves had chosen, so why be upset about it? Of course Conner Ward Smith didn't have a name that was easy to tease, or twist around.

His fingers started at the bottom of the shirt, pulling each button through the little hole, though he left the top couple undone.

"Oh, really?" Connor asked, lifting an eyebrow at Juliet's words.

"I'm not." He snorted, reaching for the apron and throwing it over a shoulder. He'd have to put it on when he reached the bakery, but for now he could skip it, something he was grateful for. He reached up to the top shelf of his locker, hand groping blindly for a moment till he found his name tag, pinning it on his shirt.

He laughed then, shrugging a bit.

"Not like I really got a choice, as you saw. But I don't mind. It probably means I'll get stuck with less crap to do today, so that's cool with me. You gonna change out?" He asked them, shutting his locker door and catching sight of the shirt still in Juliet's hands.

Connor was completely oblivious to the potential awkwardness that Juliet was going through. Three brothers and two sisters had left him with little privacy, and he'd grown used to having to strip down in the middle of the hallway, if it was the only free space. Of course, he'd never had to worry about any of his siblings coming on to him, so that aspect of the situation was also beyond his grasp, Connor kneeling to tie on his shoes.

"And ignore what I said earlier, this place isn't actually all that bad," He added in, dark blue eyes glancing up through dark eyelashes to glance at Juliet again. He just figured it was in the nature of all teenagers to complain about work of any kind.

"And how old are you, for curiosity's sake?" He figured Juliet looked around his age, Connor eighteen and in his last year of high school, but he knew well enough that looks could be deceptive. The kid had to be at least fifteen to be working here, but beyond that he had no sure means of guessing.

Juliet's shy grin was just that to Connor, who felt no fluttering in his chest, or nervousness in his stomach. He just saw the new kid, and the potential escape from work that he could grant. The tour would take at least an hour up, and from there he'd just be able to screw around in the bakery and fill orders and make cookies. The cookies were probably Connor's favorite. They could only sell the perfectly round ones, and so, if he "accidentally" placed one or two too far to one edge of the pan, and they came out with a flat edge... Well, someone had to dispose of the mistakes, didn't they?

He finished tying his shoes, letting other questions pile themselves up in his mind, ready to at least attempt to amuse himself, and seem friendly, with idle chatter while they toured the store.

Back to top Go down
Mayfall

PostSubject: Re: Harvest Market [Hypnos and Mayfall]   Tue 07 Jul 2009, 1:01 pm

Juliet’s not such a fine name when everyone questions your gender everywhere you go... “Ahh, just wait! As soon as I get my name tag, it’ll be, ‘Oh, I think you have the wrong nametag!’ And ‘Juliet? Isn’t that a girl’s name?’” He shook his head, but grinned nevertheless. “Oh well. It’s not all bad.” He took a moment to think. “Though, it was kind of an accident that I got named that. My mom wasn’t really literate, but she knew Romeo and Juliet was a classic romantic novel. She just thought that... Juliet was the boy...” He trailed off. Other people found the story amusing, but to him it was more like a fatal flaw on part of his mother.

Seriously. When his class read Romeo and Juliet in class it had been hell. His teacher made him read all the parts for Juliet, which made it even more embarrassing. It became even worse when the drama class performed the play at school. His friends in drama had tried to rope him into it, saying that with a wig and a dress no one could tell the difference. ‘And it’s not like you would even mind kissing the other guy!’ Yeah. Girls were fun.

It was even, even worse when his class went to see a professional production of the show. The director heard that there was a Juliet in the audience, and asked if ‘she’ would stand up and if ‘she’ would like to receive a hug from the actor playing Romeo – played by a local heartthrob. Juliet had stood, that was for sure. But he had stormed out, his classmates cat-calling after him. ‘Maybe she’s shy’, the director had explained.

“Ah, is the workload intense here, then?” He frowned a little. It was to be expected. Well, he was pumped to finally have a job, so he’d take the hard work! He was about suggest that they head out and get the day started, when he heard what Connor said about changing.

“Change? Oh, yeah, of course...” He put the employee shirt and apron on a locker, but looked at Connor when he asked him another question.

“Glad to hear it – the place seemed pretty good, and Vanessa and Mark seemed pretty relaxed.” He looked back at the white shirt, un-buttoning it. “Me? I’m still 17, but I’m turning 18 in just a few days, actually.” He smiled to himself, before moving to start changing.

He started to lift the bottom of his shirt. But then Juliet paused, looking at Connor. He stared at him, his hands poised at the bottom of his shirt. “…Can you... uh...” He left it hanging, hoping Connor would pick up on the fact that he’d prefer privacy.

Even though Juliet had two older sisters, they had always screeched at him to get out of their rooms when they were changing, and as his school didn't make boys change at school, he wasn't used to being even remotely naked where other people could see him. At the pool, yeah, but never inside a building where he was just taking off his shirt. It was.. embarrassing!

Back to top Go down
Hypnos

PostSubject: Re: Harvest Market [Hypnos and Mayfall]   Wed 08 Jul 2009, 6:58 am

Connor grinned a little bit, shaking his head at the new kid's rant. He really doubted it was all that bad, but he supposed they'd see.Although he was glad that Juliet didn't seem to fixated on it, and then launched into the story of how he'd gotten it.

"Oh? Haha, nice." Connor chuckled, like most other people, finding the story amusing. It was an interesting quirk, he didn't see why people tried to hide things like that. God knew everyone at this store had the same name. There were three Jessica's who cashiered, and two Justin's, and two Brian's. He was pretty sure the door would never admit another Juliet, and if they did, it wouldn't be a guy.

Connor couldn't really relate to Juliet's school woes. His name wasn't odd, and really neither was he. He'd been content enough being one of the more popular guys, and all the perks such a status afforded him. He saw no issues with it really. It wasn't like he'd worked hard for the placement. He'd just made whatever decisions had appeased him at the moment.

"Intense?" He repeated, standing up and brushing absently at the dust that had collected on the knee of his pants.

"Some days. Ohgod, Christmas is ridiculous. Old ladies with walkers fighting eachother over the last ham," He winced, remembering past years, and the ridiculous number of spills he'd had to clean up.

"It's best to just stay out of the way, and pretend to be stupid or something, so they won't harass you or ask you to climb the shelves for that last box of potato flakes." Because that was how the shelf had collapsed on Tyler, and he'd bled all over the last box of flakes, much to the customer's fury, who apparently thought he should have directed the flow elsewhere.

He nodded, leaning back against the lockers, apron still slung over his shoulders and shoulders slumped, hands in his pockets. He grinned from underneath his bangs at Juliet.

"Ha, relaxed now. Wait till someone shows up late, or the regional manager's coming for a visit. Shit gets crazy." He stifled a yawn with the back of one hand. Sure it was ten in the morning, but he'd stayed up a bit late the night before. Even his late shower hadn't fully roused him, and he straightened a little, stretching his back as he waited for Juliet.

"Few days? Cool. Happy early birthday, I guess?" He shrugged a shoulder, "I'm already eighteen, nineteen next December."

Connor blinked a little at Juliet's pause, and then again at his half-sentence. Connor's mouth fell slightly open, and he rolled his eyes.

"Dude..." He sighed, but all the same pushed himself off from the lockers, moving to the end of the row, facing the opposite wall and giving Juliet the privacy he so needed behind him.

"Not always gonna work that way, either wear something underneath, or realize that you haven't got anything I haven't seen before." He advised, honestly a bit annoyed over the boy's actions.

Back to top Go down
Mayfall

PostSubject: Re: Harvest Market [Hypnos and Mayfall]   Wed 08 Jul 2009, 8:14 am

Juliet frowned a little, embarrassed. He quickly pulled off his normal shirt, glancing at the back of Connor’s head, just once, before sticking his arms through the long sleeves of the white shirt. His fingers sought what he thought was top button and top hole, which he quickly buttoned through. As he buttoned, he said to Connor, “I’m just not used to changing other places yet.” He frowned, looking at the back of Connor’s head again. “It’s not that weird for me to be uncomfortable, right? It’s just…” He looked back at his hands. “I’ve never done it.. that much...” He was going to say ‘before’, but he didn’t want to appear too sheltered.

“What about you?” He asked curiously. “How long have you been working here? You seem to know a lot about the store.” Connor seemed pretty comfortable with the store and how to work it. His tricks would be really useful in the future – but chances were Juliet would have to learn them for himself. He was pretty eager to be working here, so at least for the first few weeks he would try his hardest to help as many people as possible. So if some lady did ask him to get the last box of potato flakes, chances were he’d get it for her. But they were good tips for future.

He had always been a bit of an over-achiever when it came to working and doing favors for other people. Once he had volunteered with some of his friends to work on a musical, and he lost almost ten pounds in three weeks due to the crazy amount of work he had done. Plus he hadn’t been eating well during that time, filling up his breakfasts, lunches, and dinners with school work and work for the musical. Needless to say the musical set was fantastic, but he suffered for a few days after it ended.

Once he got to the last button, he swore quietly, “Damnit.” He had gotten the buttons mixed up! “Just a minute, gotta do it again,” he mumbled, doing his entire shirt up again. Ughh, he hated these stupid button-up shirts. T-shirts were the way to go, in his opinion. Once he had finally gotten the last hole, top hole, and all the ones in-between, filled, Juliet stepped away from the lockers and picked up his apron. He slid his head through the strap at the top as he walked toward Connor, saying, “All done.”

He walked up to stand next to Connor, tying the ribbons in the back of his apron. This he could do. He helped him mom and sisters in the kitchen all the time. One he had it tied, he sighed. “I’m also not used to wearing collared shirts, either.” He tugged on his collar with an index finger. “So restricting.”

Then Juliet blinked at Connor, tilting his head. “Are you still in high school then? Or college? If you’re almost 19...” He trailed off. “I’m still in high school, but this is my last year. Thought it’d be a good time to get a job – get me prepared for the working world.” He grinned, buttoning up his sleeves.

Juliet looked back at Connor before twisting his mouth around in thought. “How tall are you?” He asked, out of the blue. Juliet was OCD about how tall he stood on other people. He was always curious if he was taller or shorter than someone, and by how much? He himself stood at only 5’9”.

Back to top Go down
Hypnos

PostSubject: Re: Harvest Market [Hypnos and Mayfall]   Thu 16 Jul 2009, 1:08 pm

Connor stared easily at the opposite wall, vaguely annoyed but having no interest in turning round to catch Juliet in the act of dressing. He sighed, head falling back against the metal of the lockers behind him, shrugging a bit.

"I think it's weird. But.. whatever." He supposed not everyone had grown up with five siblings, and a severe lack of any real personal space, or time alone. All the same, high school gym class should have let Juliet grow accustomed to the act, but Connor shrugged it off again. What did it really matter to him? He just hoped the kid didn't expect this sort of treatment regularly.

"Me?" Connor asked, arms crossed over his chest, shrugging a shoulder. "I've worked here almost two years? A year and a half, at least." He grinned then, chuckling a bit and shaking back bangs he'd been meaning to get cut for awhile now.

"Yeah, you pick up a lot of things in that time. Stick with me, kid, and you'll be fine." He joked, not really believing that he was that great of an asset to the building. Sure he could run the bakery blindfolded, but he had enough of that rebellious teenage streak to have gotten him hauled into the office a couple of times.

After a few moments he'd figured Juliet would be ready, turning his head to glance over his shoulder at the boy. Juliet was dressed, mostly, though it was immediately obvious to Connor that something was off. He snorted, and turned back away as Juliet moved to redo them. He realized his hands had fallen, as if in preparation to help Juliet himself, and he quickly tucked them back under his arms, giving Juilet the next few minutes he required.

When the boy finally proclaimed that he was ready, Connor pushed himself off of the lockers, turning to survey the boy briefly. He gave a nod, and then rolled his eyes at the complaint. Reaching over fully took no thought, and swift fingers deftly undid the top two buttons of Juliet's shirt.

"So then don't wear it all the way up." He said, figuring that should have been obvious. "You don't have to wear a tie, and you'll die running around like that."

He pulled back, shoving his hands into the large front pocket of his apron then, jerking his head towards the door and ambling his way out into the break room.

"Last year of high school," He explained, "I started late." He nodded a bit, agreeing with the sentiment, though his own story was a bit different.

"I started here as soon as I was old enough. I've got a big family, so anything that I want of my own, car, cell phone, I've gotta pay for it all myself." The job had definitely helped with that. Granted his car wasn't the best, and he barely made it through the month with the minutes he had, but the point was he had them, and they were his.

At the sudden question of height, Connor stepped closer to Juliet, their small height difference a bit more noticeable at this proximity.

"5'11", or something." Those numbers had been from when he'd checked last, and while he didn't feel any different there was always the possibility that he'd grown another inch, not that he really expected it. He'd already outgrown his father, and was nearly caught up with his older brothers. It was sort of an odd question, but Connor brushed it off, attributing it immediately to the fact that Juliet was kind of an odd guy.

"Alright, ready for the grand tour?" Connor asked, pulling his hands from the pockets of the green apron and spreading his arms wide as he backed up into the break room.

Back to top Go down
Mayfall

PostSubject: Re: Harvest Market [Hypnos and Mayfall]   Tue 21 Jul 2009, 4:00 am

Juliet grinned, his fingers playing with the edge of his apron, "That's an offer I think I'll take advantage of." He was referring to the comment about sticking with Connor. He meant nothing by it, other than that he would, probably, come to Connor if anything went wrong or he needed help. So far Connor was the only one he had really spoken with, and since it looked like they were going to spend the whole day together, chances were they would become familiar acquaintances if not friends by the end of the day. At least, he hoped so. Having a friend at work would make the job far more enjoyable...

Then Juliet's eyebrows went up as Connor reached forward and practically undressed him.

Well, no, it was nowhere near that level. But Juliet could be a dramatic guy. He looked at his collar, surprised. "Oh," he said, poking the top button, which was now undone, along with the second. "I guess so." He felt a little funny flutter in his stomach, but dismissed it. Sure, an attractive male had just reached over and not only touched his clothing, but had undone the buttons of his shirt. That was normal. It was only the first two, though, Juliet, he reminded himself. Nothing to get worked up about. Chances were Connor hadn't had a second thought about it. He was just the helpful mentor for the day, nothing more. Juliet smoothed the collar to make it look a bit better, as Connor started to explain his school situation.

So he was a senior, too. That was pretty cool. Wonder what school he goes to... I'll have to remember to ask later.

Juliet nodded his head to what he said. Wanting to keep the conversation going, Juliet said, "Yeah, I've got two older sisters, so I know how that can be. I tend to get a lot of hand-me-downs from them. My first cellphone was pink with rhinestones." He shuddered at the memory. Once his phone had gone off in class, and the teacher had taken it from him. When he handed over the phone, the teacher gave him a look and told him it was a nice try, but to hand over his real cellphone and to return that one to the girl he had stolen it from. Turning even pinker than the phone, he had admitted aloud to the class that the shiny, pink thing was his alone. After that, he had lived without a cellphone for over a month until he finally got a used black one.

"Luckily most of my clothes are not hand-me-downs." Juliet grinned. He might be bi, but he would never wear a skirt, ever - at least, not without good reason... He did say 'most' of his clothes, though. Some of his shirts had a feminine feel about them, but his sisters assured him he could get away with it.

He blamed them, in particular, for his sexuality. They had babied him when he was little, and dressed him up in girl clothes all the time, and didn't mind talking about girly subjects around him - including their love life. He had found out what sex was far earlier than he was supposed to, due to them. The only thing they were private about was when they were getting dressed - they could see him naked, but it never worked the other way around. His mom didn't seem to mind the excessive attention they gave him, regardless of how inappropriate they could be at times. She was just glad there was always someone to look after and care for baby Juliet when she wasn't around. His sisters had practically raised him, so he was very close to them, even now, with one in college and the other married and living with her husband.

While lost in memory land, Juliet barely noticed how close Connor had stepped toward him until he spoke. He jumped, and looked up at Connor, surprised. "5'11"... Two inches taller than me!" The news seemed exciting, for whatever reason. Juliet put his hands on Connor's shoulders, and pushed himself onto his tiptoes. He looked at Connor's dark blue eyes with wide purple ones – they were now eye-level. "Not bad," he murmured, though whether was referring to Connor's height, his eyes, or the feel of his shoulders beneath his hands, he failed to clarify.

Juliet dropped back onto his heels, his hands tucking themselves in his pants pockets. He followed Connor out into the break room, smiling at his display. "The grand tour?" He chuckled lightly, the noise sounding almost like a giggle. "Yes, yes, if it wouldn't be too much trouble, I would love a grand tour. I'll follow wherever you lead!" He straightened his back for the next bout of walking, already glancing around the break room.

Back to top Go down
Hypnos

PostSubject: Re: Harvest Market [Hypnos and Mayfall]   Sun 26 Jul 2009, 3:31 pm

Connor grinned, not giving any second thought to Juliet's words, and the possible meaning behind them. That sort of obliviousness had certainly leant him comfort before, Connor unwittingly ignoring any advances made towards him, convinced that everyone was as sure of his orientation as he was.

The barely taller boy had nodded as he'd pulled back, giving Juliet an approving nod. There, now that was better. Juliet was more comfortable, and would hopefully stay cooler. The store was always kept at a decent temperature, but Connor knew he'd been surprised at how easily he'd heated up, whether it was striding quickly from aisle to aisle hauling boxes and carts, or standing near the large ovens in the bakery.

He listened as Juliet spoke, manners always keeping him attentive, grinning faintly at the coincidences he noted. He couldn't remember seeing Juliet around school, but then again the kid didn't look like the type he hung out, and with the way high school was Connor was pretty sure he barely knew half

"Two sisters? You too, huh? But I've got three brothers as well. One sister, and one brother younger than me," He elaborated, nodding a little to himself. Connor grinned a little at Juliet's mention of hand-me-downs.

"Haha, yeah, I've got a bunch of used stuff, but luckily it's all from my brothers." He chuckled at the idea of the phone, shaking his head a bit.

"Wow. I would have just waited. Hard to be cool when asking a chick for her number if your phone's more glittery than hers."

Juliet was close then, hands on Connor's shoulders, those wide violet eyes making his stomach flop, dark blue eyes flying wide for a second. He nearly stuttered out Juliet's name, but the boy was talking to himself, their sudden contact only the result of the boys interest in their height difference. But they were apart then, and Connor's thoughts were running smoothly, and he blinked once or twice.

"Alright then, well, uh, this is the break room?" He began lamely, "Lockers back from where we just came from. Offices through here, there's normally always a manager or something there, so if you have a question, just check. Copy room here, you can bring in the schedule sheets to make copies for yourself."

As Connor walked through the small hallway at the back of the store he pointed out the doors in turn, the hallways littered with billboards and event fliers, and the obligatory motivational posters that no one spared a glance for. He pointed at one door in particular, a little box with a dark binder resting in it.

"Schedule book here. They should be updated on Mondays, but sometimes Becka's a little slow. If it's not here some idiot left it either in the break room, or the copy room, so check there, too." He explained, remembering all the little things he'd picked up in his time working there.

They'd nearly reached the double doors that led into the main area of the store then, the loading dock and storeroom connected only through there.

"Are you familiar with the layout of the store itself?" He asked. He knew his family shopped there, but maybe Juliet had been desperate enough for a job to look somewhere he didn't know very well, and lucky enough to get hired. Of course, Harvest Market had been really shorthanded lately, the bakery especially, since the girl who'd worked with Connor before had quit because she claimed the cupcakes were making her fat. Connor hadn't thought she'd needed any help from the cupcakes, and though he needed help, he was honestly glad to be rid of the girl.

"I mean, I'll probably take you around anyway, but I was just curious."

Back to top Go down
Mayfall

PostSubject: Re: Harvest Market [Hypnos and Mayfall]   Mon 10 Aug 2009, 2:00 am

The black-haired boy smiled at the mention of Connor's family – he himself had always liked the idea of having a large family, and it sounded like Connor came from one of the larger ones out there. And younger siblings?! Lucky! Juliet was the baby of his family and he had always been curious as to what it would feel like to have a younger brother or sister. And lucky Connor had both!

When Connor made the comment about the cellphone, Juliet felt an internal twitch. Well, Connor, he'd liked to have said, I didn't have that problem as during the time I had the phone, I was already dating someone. But he didn't like the phone, either way. ...He instead opted for a light smile and shrug.

The comment did make Juliet's mind wander for a moment, though. Either Connor was straight and just assumed Juliet was, too, or he was fishing to find out Juliet's sexuality. Juliet allowed himself a secret smile at the thought.

As Connor turned his back to begin the tour, Juliet tilted his head back and forth. He was probably straight, huh? He did give off that kind of aura. But it would be a shame to waste those good looks on a girl... Damnit, why was he thinking about this? Juliet straightened. He hadn't come to this grocery store to find a relationship! He had come to make money and find friends. That was it! So cast out the thoughts like a demon! Yarrr...!

Juliet followed Connor obediently along the break room, looking around the at all the things Connor pointed out to him. The corners of his mouth lifted up with the lame intro, but he decided not to comment. He nodded at the lockers, peeked into an office, made a quiet 'ooh' noise at the copy room, and picked up the binder to flip through it. He wanted to be a good little tourist, so he was being very responsive to everything Connor said. He even looked at one of the motivational posters, and pointed to it.

"I like this one, with the kitty." It was the image of a kitten hanging tightly onto the branch on a tree, and said 'Hang in There!' in bright blue at the top. He grinned at it. "The eyes remind me of yours," he said thoughtfully, stepping a bit closer to the poster. And it was true, they both had the same dark blue eyes. "Though I don't know about the fur." He sent Connor a sideways glance and grin to let him know he was joking. "Cuuute," Juliet mumbled, before moving away from it, following Connor again.

When Connor questioned him about the store, Juliet paused, before shaking his head. "I've been here before, but that was only once or twice. There's another grocery store really close to my house, so I usually go to that one. They weren't hiring, though – but I don't think I would have applied if they had been. My b—," Juliet paused, clearing his throat quickly like the beginning of the word 'boyfriend' had been a mistake, "f-friend, worked there once, and he said the job was no good. Barely any sick leave, and suuuper low wages." Juliet rolled his eyes skyward. "So I applied here and at two other places, and Harvest Market was the best pay, and closest, so... there you go!" He grinned at Connor, shrugging again.

Juliet looked Connor once-over. "Yeah, I'm really excited for you to take me around." He tapped his chin thoughtfully.

"This is actually my first job," Juliet revealed slowly, deciding that it would be best to be straight with him upfront, "excluding paper boy, house-sitter, and volunteer jobs. So I'm pretty eager to learn the ropes and get started." He gave Connor a confident grin, standing up as straight as he could.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Harvest Market [Hypnos and Mayfall]   

Back to top Go down

Harvest Market [Hypnos and Mayfall]

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum: You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Tempora Arae :: Writer's Lounge :: Roleplay :: Private -